Monday, March 5, 2012

U&I Brasserie and Salon: new in town

Ok it is a month already since U&I opened, but this is still considered new in Laos. I recognized the new place on my way to That Luang. It is located at Rue Nongbone, a bit after the street divides (go direction That Luang, a bit left, then it is on the right).
The restaurant, apparently owned by a French-Lao couple, opens at 8am and closes at midnight. It offers Lao food like grilled fish with salt crust as well as western food (the usual suspects, but also cheese plates and a caramelized pie). The interior is contemporary Lao style, what means an old building refurbished, with some bamboo seats and some modern ones (although I never understand why some restaurants use glass tables, it is a nightmare to keep them clean). Also, there is some entertaining: Monday is movie night (A night in Paris for example), Tuesday is Nintendo Wii Game night, and coming soon are Friday Salsa lessons. The restaurant can also be booked for parties. I haven't tried the food yet, but at least my fruit juice was delicious and fopr sure I will come back and give the place a try for dinner. The staff speaks speak Lao, Francais and English.
Attached is a beauty salon with the usual services like shampoo, haircut for men and women, extensions etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment